Friday 13 November 2009

President of the Methodist Conference welcomes Inter Faith Week


As President of the Methodist Conference I warmly welcome the first national Inter Faith Week which begins on November 15th. Inter Faith Relations has and continues to be a priority of the Methodist Church and I am delighted that both its local Churches and individual members are contributing to the Week in a variety of different ways. As I have visited many towns and cities during my Presidential Year I have seen examples of the ways in which members of different faiths have worked together to help and support members of their local community. Inter Faith Week provides an opportunity to highlight the positive relations that exist between members of different faiths, both nationally and locally, and the ways in which they work together for the benefit of all people.